Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel is situated on the banks of Loch Lomond, complete with its own jetty. This 57 bed youth hostel provides quality, budget accommodation, offering both multi-share rooms and private rooms. Facilities include a large communal lounge with spectacular views across Loch Lomond. Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel has a large self-catering kitchen and dining room and also provides a menu with meals, snacks and drinks (licensed youth hostel) available throughout the day.
If you are looking for large group accommodation or holiday cottages then we have locations across Scotland perfect for groups and family gatherings on a budget. See below for availability or click here for more information and to enquire.
- Available & RentaHostel
- RentaHostel only
- Call Hostel for Availability
- Fully Booked
- Suitable for wheelchair users with assistance
Food and Drink
- Alcohol Licence
- Groups meals service
- Individual meals service
- Self-catering kitchen
- Distance to nearest shop 11 miles
- Drying room
- En suite rooms available
- Family friendly
- Private rooms available
- Total beds 56
- Wedding venue
- Computers with internet access (FREE)
- WiFi access (FREE)
- Lounge/TV room
- Distance to airport 45 miles
- Distance to bus stop 7 miles
- Distance to ferry nearby
- Distance to train station 22 miles
- Parking nearby (free/charges apply)
- Tarbet to Rowardennan 8:45 - 09:30
- Rowardennan to Luss 09:30 - 10:00
- Luss to Rowardennan 16:15 - 16:45
- Rowardennan to Tarbet 16:45 - 17:30
For more information please download the full access statement for this youth hostel here. This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Open March - October
Tel: 01360 870 259
Reception Open 07:00 - 10:00 and 15:00 - 22:30.
Check in 15:00 - 22:30
Check out 07:00 - 10:00
Evening meals are served 18:30 - 21:00 and breakfasts 07:30 - 09:00
Coaches are not able to travel past Balmaha.
Please note that we do not accept stag or hen parties at any of our hostels.
A room key deposit may be required on arrival.
For a printable version of this information click here to download youth hostel fact sheet.
Ferry service provided by Cruise Loch Lomond:
The jetty is directly outside the youth hostel. There are bus and train links at Luss & Tarbet.
Tel: +44 (0) 1360 870259
MapView Large Map
To start, simply enter the street name, town, city or postcode where you will be leaving from. Click the show route button and you will be directed to a map which shows your route, its distance and an estimated driving time. Very handy.
NB: Please take into account ferry times and sailings when planning trips to the islands.
Where can I go from here?
If you know where you're going next then life becomes so much easier. Click on any view route button to see detailed directions between hostels.
Remember: as you can book more than one hostel at once, building up an itinerary will be a piece of cake!
|Ben Lomond||View Route|
As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental issues, our youth hostels are assessed by Green Tourism, the largest and most established sustainable certification in the world. The assessment covers areas such as energy saving, waste minimisation, social responsibility and travel.
Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel currently holds a Silver award for Green Tourism. To read more about SYHA Hostelling Scotland’s Sustainability Charter, please click here. There are some quick and easy ways that you can make a difference and help us achieve our Green Tourism goals - to read our Responsible Visitor Charter and find out more, please click here.
We encourage our guests to use public transport where possible when travelling to our youth hostels – please see travelinescotland.com to plan your route or speak to youth hostel staff. If you are touring Scotland on two wheels then sustrans.org.uk has a wealth of information on cycling routes, safety and sustainable travel.
Local Nature Activities:
- Ben Lomond
- Wildlife Watching
- Loch Lomond National Park Memorial Sculpture
- Loch Lomond Nature reserve
- West Highland Way
- In Your Element offer award-winning, land and water-based outdoor activities and events on and around stunning Loch Lomond. Instructor-led activities include segway safaris, gorge walking, canyoning, canoeing, mountain biking, river sledging, abseiling, archery, stand up paddling boarding and an aerial adventure course Treezone at Loch Lomond Shores, Balloch – just minutes’ walk from IYE at Loch Lomond. For those who wish to explore the loch independently, IYE offer boat and bike hire from their base on the main beach at Loch Lomond Shores. Boats and bikes all suitable for children age 1+.