SYHA Hostelling Scotland are delighted to be working in partnership with The Gannochy Trust, we have received a second year of funding towards offering two groups of up to 20 participants plus their teachers/leaders a two night residential. The funding is open to young people currently living in Perthshire and Tayside.
Our trip options are designed to help young people to improve their life skills, including:
What to Expect
The first group of youngsters, plus leaders from youth groups at Arbroath Academy, spent two nights at Loch Ossian Youth Hostel in September 2015. They participated in outdoor activities such as a night walk, team building challenges and raft building. Watch this video to see how they got on.
There are two options for this trip which can be based at either our eco youth hostel, Loch Ossian, delivered by our partners at Venture Mor or the second option is based at Pitlochry Youth Hostel, delivered by our partners Beyond Adventure.
Criteria for applications:
- The successful school or youth group should be based within Perthshire and Tayside regions.
- Participants should also reside in these areas
- Participants should be aged between 11 – 18 years of age.
- Participant and or participant organisations will be required to make a small contribution to the residential trip either through their own means or additional fundraising efforts.
- Trips will commence during September / October 2016
About The Gannochy Trust
Founded in 1937 by Arthur Kinmond Bell, known as A K Bell, for charitable and public purposes for the benefit of the Community of Perth and its immediate environs as a direct result of his family’s successful whisky distilling business. The Gannochy Trust’s Grant-Making Mission is ‘To make a positive difference for the benefit of people living in Scotland, with a preference for Perth & Kinross’.