This month our Braemar Youth Hostel, set in the heart of the Cairngorm Nation Park, celebrates its 70th anniversary.
Braemar Youth Hostel was originally built within its extensive grounds in 1870 as a shooting lodge by the Earl of Cavan. However, soon after the end of WWII in 1946 it was announced that the beautiful granite villa would reopen as a Scottish youth hostel.
This youth hostel still retains many of its original features and traditional interiors. However, when the site initially opened the youth hostel offered 100 beds for guests, compare that to 2016 it now only has 40 beds, as the site aims to keep up with the needs of the modern hosteller.
Things may have changed at Braemar in the past 70 years but one thing has stayed the same, it remains an ideal base for exploring the breath-taking Royal Deeside and the mighty Cairngorms. Whether you want to ski, explore or even enjoy a round of golf, this long running youth hostel can offer you comfortable accommodation with a warm welcome.
To celebrate the anniversary we are offering 7 lucky winners £70 off 2 or more nights accommodation for 2 people at Braemar Youth Hostel during October 2016.
October is the perfect time to visit this popular hillwalking and wildlife watching location, as the autumn colours begin fill the trees.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic competition, just email your name and address to email@example.com and answer the following question:
How much did an SYHA Hostelling Scotland Handbook cost in 1946? - Please note: Competition now closed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Closing date is 5pm on 29 July 2016. After this time no further entries to this competition will be counted.
- Discount applies to named youth hostel.
- 7 winners will be drawn at random on 1 August 2016 and notified by email. Winners will be given one week to claim their prize, after which it will be offered to another.
- No cash alternative and prize is not transferable.
- Prize should be taken between 1-31 October 2016, subject to availability.
- Upgrades may be available, but will incur additional costs and are at the discretion of SYHA.
- Does not include SYHA membership fees.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over on 29 July 2016.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- All other SYHA terms and conditions apply.
Biography for SYHA Hostelling Scotland
Scotland's best known network of youth hostels in stunning city & rural locations. Go on a #SYHAdventure! As a not-for-profit organisation, we encourage guests to join SYHA Hostelling Scotland. Members enjoy a range of exclusive benefits including dual membership of Hostelling International, providing access to more than 4,000 youth hostels in over 90 countries worldwide. Membership and guest overnight income supports our charitable youth programmes and the maintenance of the hostelling network, particularly in rural Scotland.