- Seasonal Hostel Assistant
- Oban Youth Hostel, Esplanade, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5AF
- Hours per Week:
- 40 hours per week
- Salary Details:
- £7.50 per hour
- Fixed term from 26/Mar/18 until 30/Sep/18
Hostelling Scotland is looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do, making our youth hostels more than just an overnight stay. Found in spectacular locations, our youth hostels provide a perfect base for the wealth of activities that take place in the very best that Scotland has to offer.
Working with Hostelling Scotland is more than just a job. Join us and help us make a difference!
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our 5-star Oban Youth Hostel.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
Routine duties and responsibilities:
- Full reception duties and service to hostel guests including check-in/out, handling customer enquiries and providing information, guidance and support for guests and their onward travels, general customer service, housekeeping, laundry and basic catering duties.
Suitable candidate will have:
- Experience of having worked successfully in a similar customer facing role or in the hospitality industry
- Cash handling and computer literacy including good understanding of Word, Excel and Outlook email
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- High standard of housekeeping skills.
- Positive approach to work with confidence
- Ability to work as team and without supervision, using own initiatives.
- Some previous catering experience preferable however not essential as training will be given.
- The provision of customer service during busy times can be demanding. Flexibility and adaptability as well as a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure will be an important attribute of the candidate.
- It is not essential, but applications will be considered favourably from candidates who have a good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment.
About Hostelling Scotland
We are a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for customers travelling around Scotland.
As a not-for-profit charitable organisation, we encourage guests to join Hostelling Scotland to support our charitable youth development and volunteering programmes, giving young people, who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity, the chance to discover Scotland’s heritage, and enable them to develop their skills for learning, life and work.
As an accommodation provider Hostelling Scotland operates in a fast paced, highly competitive and constantly evolving marketplace.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit our website. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application form with covering letter to Marie MacColl, Argyll Group Manager, c/o Oban Youth Hostel, Corran Esplanade, Oban, Argyll, PA34 5AF or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.