- Seasonal Night Duty Supervisor
- Stirling Youth Hostel, St. John’s Street, Stirling, FK8 1EA
- Hours per Week:
- 30 – 32 per week
- Salary Details:
- This is a live-out position.
- Fixed term from 26/Mar/18 until 30/Sep/18
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who understands our charitable objectives and can commit themselves to place people at the heart Hostelling Scotland, welcoming all guests through our inclusive and accessible culture, embracing diversity as well as understanding different needs of everyone who has contact with Hostelling Scotland whilst delivering the best possible standards of Customer Service to our guests.
The main responsibility of this post:
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that health and safety and security of the guests, staff and the building during the night, including being fully aware of fire evacuation procedures and fire safety within the Hostel.
- Keep the Group Manager and Duty Manager informed on a regular basis and report any incidents you deal with or involve in during the night clearly and accurately such as disturbances, incidents, complaints, accidents or any needs for repairs or maintenance to the appropriate senior member of staff and to ensure the proper paperwork is carried out.
- Ensure all duties carried out as per night duty checklists such as handling night cash-up and the safe, bed plans, laundry duties, nightly cleaning, security walks around the hostel and preparing the dining room for breakfast service, etc.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry and night working
- Customer service experience, excellent communication skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Good IT literacy including working knowledge of MSOffice, practical knowledge of Health & Safety at Work and experience dealing with fire evacuation procedures.
- Keen attention to details.
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as can-do attitude.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice and/or COSHH.
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- Stirling operates with a small team. All members are capable and willing to assist each other and maintain team morale to ensure a positive environment for guest experience.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with Hostelling Scotland.
About Hostelling Scotland:
Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position including job description and to obtain an application form, please visit: hostellingscotland.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward your CV with covering letter to Aaron Wilson, Central Group Manager, c/o Stirling Youth Hostel, St. John’s Street, Stirling, FK8 1EA or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing Date:
Please note Hostelling Scotland operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
Hostelling Scotland has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.