- Seasonal Hostel & Catering Assistant
- Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB
- Hours per Week:
- 40 hours per week
- Salary Details:
- £7.50 per hour
- This is a live-out position.
- Fixed term, immediate start until 31/Oct/18
Job Title: Seasonal Hostel & Catering Assistant
Location: Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term, immediate start until 31/Oct/18
Salary: £7.50 per hour
Accommodation: This is a live-out position.
We are currently seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our Inverness Youth Hostel, located a short walk from the city centre.
You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
The main responsibilities:
- Food preparation for breakfast and dinner (including groups and individuals), washing & tidying up, food hygiene and serving.
- Working with Inverness Management team, look after the catering operation including ordering food, menu planning and stock management.
- Undertake general hostel assistant duties to support the team, including full reception service, cleaning and housekeeping.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry with strong catering/ food preparation experience (including large group catering) and a basic food hygiene certificate.
- Flexibility and adaptability as well as a can-do attitude and the ability to work under pressure will be an important attribute of the candidate.
- To be self-motivated and conscientious as our team at Inverness Youth Hostel is small and you are mostly working on your own. You will receive full induction training and support from the Hostel Manager.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward an application form with covering letter to: Inverness Manager, c/o Inverness Youth Hostel, Victoria Drive, Inverness, IV2 3QB or email@example.com
- Closing Date:
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.