- PITL02018 & PITL02118
- Seasonal Hostel Assistant
- Pitlochry Youth Hostel, Knockard Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5HJ
- Hours per Week:
- 35 hours per week x 2 positions & 25 hours per week
- Salary Details:
- 7.50 per hour
- Live-in accommodation is provided for posts with reference number of PITL02018 (Please note small weekly charge applies).
- Fixed term, from 26/Mar/18 until 29/Oct/18
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who understands our charitable objectives and can commit themselves to place people at the heart of SYHA, welcoming all guests through our inclusive and accessible culture, embracing diversity as well as understanding different needs of everyone who has contact with SYHA Hostelling Scotland whilst delivering the best possible standards of Customer Service to our guests.
We are recruiting Hostel Assistants for 2018 season based at our Pitlochry Youth Hostel which is set in beautiful Perthshire countryside and is a short walk from the Victorian town of Pitlochry.
The main responsibility of this post:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- Undertaking general hostel assistant role, including reception duties, general customer service, cleaning /housekeeping including bed making and catering.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Worked successfully in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Gained experience in catering, reception, cash handling, will be IT literate
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to work as an effective team member as well as unsupervised.
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis.
- The post holder will have flexibility to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working on weekends, and staying overnight at the hostel as and when required, in addition to covering other hostels within the Cairngorm Group.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain an application form and job description, please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your CV with covering letter to: Jan Lloyd, Hostel Manager, Pitlochry Youth Hostel, Knockard Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5HJ or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing Date:
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.