- Seasonal Hostel Manager
- Allt Beithe , Glen Affric, Cannich, Beauly, IV4 7ND
- Hours per Week:
- Salary Details:
- Live in accommodation is provided (Note: small utility charge applies)
- Fixed Term, from 21/May/18 until 10/Sep/18
We are currently seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals with commitment to provide an excellent customer service at our Glen Affric Youth Hostel, surrounded by breath-taking mountains and wonderful scenery.
We are looking for an individual who understands our charitable objectives and can commit themselves to place people at the heart of SYHA, welcoming all guests through our inclusive and accessible culture, embracing diversity as well as understanding different needs of everyone who has contact with SYHA Hostelling Scotland whilst delivering the best possible standards of Customer Service to our guests.
Main responsibility of this post:
With industry experience, you'll know the marketplace and use this knowledge to guide business development and performance – we're relying on you to have a hands-on approach and be a role model for the Hostelling Scotland brand.
Along with broad industry experience that includes working on reception, in the kitchen and housekeeping, you'll know about financial and revenue management, as well as health and safety compliance.
Suitable candidates will:
- Have prior experience of delivering a range of KPI’s within a hospitality environment.
- Be proactive, also have an eye for detail, and bring fresh insight to developing the business.
- Have resilience, strategic thinking, high energy, outstanding guest service skills, and engaging leadership skills
- Have good understanding of Health and Safety at work, maintenance, catering experience and IT literacy.
- Have flexible and self-motivated approach to work and ability to work unsupervised with attention to details.
- Have a good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves some physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds etc.
- Due to the remoteness (nearest village 7 miles) of the location a driving licence and own transport is seen as essential.
- A successful candidate is required to provide two satisfactory references and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on SYHA and to obtain an application form and job description, please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward your application form with covering letter to Daniel Osborne by email to email@example.com or post to SYHA Hostelling Scotland, National Office, 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling, FK8 2JA.
- Closing Date:
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.