- CRIA02918, CRIA03018 & CRIA03118
- Seasonal Hostel Assistant
- Crianlarich Youth Hostel, Station Road, Crianlarich, FK20 8QN
- Hours per Week:
- 40 hours per week & 30 hours per week
- Salary Details:
- £7.50 per hour
- Live in accommodation is available. (Note there will be a small weekly charge).
- CRIA02918 – Fixed term, 40 hours per week from 23/Mar/18 to 27/Oct/18 CRIA03018 – Fixed term, 40 hours per week from 28/Mar/18 to 27/Oct/18 CRIA03118 – Fixed term, 30 hours per week from 04/Apr/18 to 16/Sep/18
We are looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who understands our charitable objectives and can commit themselves to place people at the heart of SYHA, welcoming all guests through our inclusive and accessible culture, embracing diversity as well as understanding different needs of everyone who has contact with SYHA Hostelling Scotland whilst delivering the best possible standards of Customer Service to our guests.
We currently have openings for Seasonal Hostel Assistant based at our Crianlarich Youth Hostel which is in the small and friendly village of Crianlarich that marks halfway point on the West Highland Way and also ideal location to explore the northern area of the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.
The main responsibility of this post:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- General hostel assistant duties such as reception, cleaning, housekeeping and some basic catering assistance.
- Full reception duties including check-in/out guests, cash handling, handling customer enquiries
- Cleaning rooms and public area and housekeeping including bed making and laundry
- Some catering duties providing continental breakfast, packed lunches and some dinners, serving and washing up
- Assisting the Hostel Manager in the day to day running of the Youth Hostel.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Worked successfully in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Gained experience in catering, reception, cash handling, will be IT literate
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to work as an effective team member as well as unsupervised.
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- Crianlarich operates with a small close knit team and requires successful candidates to live and work closely with colleagues. It is therefore essential that all members are capable and willing to assist each other and maintain team morale to ensure a positive environment for guest experience.
- The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis.
- The post holder will have flexibility to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working on weekends and undertaking night shifts duties as and when required, in addition to covering other hostels within the Trossachs Group.
- A successful candidate is required to provide satisfactory reference and to apply for a Basic Disclosure before they can commence their employment with SYHA.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you think you have the skills and experience to match our requirements please forward an application form with covering letter explaining why you are our ideal candidate by email to: email@example.com or by post to Fiona Tickner, Hostel Manager, c/o Crianlarich Youth Hostel, Station road, Crianlarich FK20 8QN.
- Closing Date:
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.