- Seasonal Hostel Assistant
- Glencoe Youth Hostel, Glencoe, Ballachullish, Argyll, PH49 4HX
- Hours per Week:
- 40 hours per week
- Salary Details:
- £7.50 per hour
- Live in accommodation available (Please note that there will be a small weekly charge.)
- Fixed term from 19/Mar/18 until 04/Nov/18
We are currently seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals with commitment to provide an excellent customer service to join our team at our Glencoe Youth Hostel. You will be part of our professional and dedicated team and will ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
The main responsibility of this post:
- To ensure that all youth hostel customer services and guest facility provisions are welcoming, clean, comfortable, secure, safe, accessible, and maintained to the appropriate quality standard within the resources priorities available to enhance guest experience and expectations.
- Reception duties, general customer service, cleaning/ housekeeping including bed making and some catering.
Suitable applicant will have:
- Worked successfully in a customer facing role, preferably in similar hospitality surroundings
- Gained experience in cash handling, will be IT literate
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to work in a team as well as unsupervised.
The following skills sets and experience would be an advantage:
- Previously experience in reception, cleaning/ housekeeping as well as catering duties within hospitality, service or tourism industries.
- Good understanding of food and hygiene practice and health and safety at work.
- A good knowledge of the local and surrounding area, to be able to deliver first class guest information and help with travel planning as well as giving our guests inspiration on how to make the most of their stay in the area.
- The role involves physical activities such as bed making on upper and lower bunk beds, including stripping and turning beds on a daily basis.
- Glencoe Youth Hostel operates with a small close knit team and requires successful candidates to live and work closely with colleagues. It is therefore essential that all members are capable and willing to assist each other and maintain team morale to ensure a positive environment for guest experience.
- The post holder will have flexibility to work in order to support the Youth Hostel including working on weekends, and staying overnight at the hostel as and when required in addition to supporting other Youth Hostels within Lochaber Group.
SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
How to apply:
Further information on this position and to obtain job description and application form please visit: www.syha.org.uk. If you have the skills and experience to match our requirements, please forward your application with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or Thomas Janzen, Hostel Manager, Glencoe Youth Hostel, Glencoe, Ballachullish, Argyll, PH49 4HX.
- Closing Date:
Please note SYHA operates a policy where only successful applicants will be contacted. Candidates who have not received written confirmation within two weeks of the closing date for the position should then consider themselves unsuccessful.
SYHA has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Scottish Youth Hostels Association (also known as SYHA Hostelling Scotland) is a registered Scottish charity, No. SC013138 and a company limited by guarantee, registered in Scotland, No. SC310841, Registered Office 7 Glebe Crescent, Stirling FK8 2JA.