Established in 1931, SYHA Hostelling Scotland is a self-funding charity operating a network of over 60 exceptional youth and affiliate hostels for the benefit of all those wishing to learn and experience what Scotland has to offer. Our unique sites provide affordable, comfortable, safe and quality-assured accommodation with a warm friendly welcome, local knowledge, activities and services for guests travelling around Scotland.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we encourage guests to join SYHA Hostelling Scotland to support our charitable youth programmes and the maintenance of the hostelling network. As a charity we rely on our members and guests to ensure the continuation of hostelling in Scotland, including the remote locations that would not be viable for independent operators. As a not-for-profit organisation all income generated from our activities and services is invested back into the hostelling network.
Members enjoy a range of exclusive benefits, including dual membership of Hostelling International, providing access to more than 4,000 youth hostels in 90 countries worldwide. Click here for more details.
How to support the work of SYHA Hostelling Scotland
- Become a member of SYHA Hostelling Scotland
- Stay in Scottish youth hostels throughout the year
- Donate via our website (syha.org.uk/charity) or add a donation when you book online
- Make a donation at any of our youth hostels to support our youth programmes
- Leave a legacy gift to SYHA Hostelling Scotland in your will.